Subzero Waterpipe Collection
Our Subzero water pipe comes in many different sizes and variations, which are fully customizable by the user since all parts are interchangeable with other variations. Add our stacks to that equation and the possibilities are almost endless!
Retention Barrel Diffuser: Our Subzero waterpipe is available in two different diffuser core variations – X3 and X5, both of which include our retention barrels.
What is a retention barrel diffuser?
It is a diffuser whose bubble-producers (the holes that produce the bubbles) have been geometrically optimized for prolonging the exposure time between the smoke and the water, thereby maximizing the filtration (smoothness) of the water pipe.
What do they look like?
Retention barrel diffuser nozzles consist of a small hole (nozzle) with a sharp transition to a larger hole (barrel), the small hole having a very small length, whereas the larger hole extends almost the entire thickness of the percolator (diffuser) disk.
How do they work?
View our How it Works page for a detailed explanation of our Retention Barrel diffusers.
No, our retention barrels have been meticulously engineered to control tar deposition. This is what actually gave birth to the вЂњretention barrelвЂќ design. To read about its development history, click here.
Here at JET filtration systems, we have spent countless hours designing our Subzero waterpipe to withstand accidental drops. This involves more than just dropping our pipe repetitively, but also encompasses the use of computer-aided drop simulations to identify (and improve) the most vulnerable parts and/or junctions.
So if you are tired of buying an awesome custom glass water pipe, just to realize that one of your friends shattered it while you were out, then our revolutionary Subzero water pipe is for you!
Because we believe that buying a smoking accessory should be a lifetime investment, rather than a potentially short-term mental and financial burden.
Using glass is a personal preference, and personal preferences could not be overlooked, so rather than rejecting those preferences and designing a pipe with a non-standard bowl-stem interface, we decided to embrace it by using a 14mm glass-on-glass taper geometry. Thereby giving you, the customer, more options to customize our pipe to your preference.
This doesn’t just mean that you can only swap in a glass bowl, oh no, ANY smoking accessory with a male 14mm inline glass-on-glass fitting, such as a showerhead-perc, honeycomb-perc, tree-perc style pre-cooler or ashcatcher, may be added.
Easy to Clean
1) Apply rubbing alcohol to a paper towel.
2) Crumple up the paper towel into a ball, insert into tube, and push through with a broomstick. Follow up with a quick rinse (using a vegetable sprayer) and reassemble.
The pipe will look spanking new in record time!
Easy to Fill
Either pour water in through the top or inhale water through base with stem removed (for situations with small sinks or limited available of pouring device)
Our Subzero waterpipe is designed to use small amounts of water (reduces weight), so in order to prevent overfilling, we engraved convenient graduation marks into the tube. The marks are labeled as high, desired and low, which are positioned to compensate for the volume of water that gradually drips into the base cavity, thereby removing any guesswork.
Quick to Empty
1) Remove Mouthpiece
2) Pour into sink
Stem Function – To allow fresh air to flow into the pipe below the bowl, without even touching the bowl.
Stem Interactivity – Can be engaged at any time the user desires, simply by pressing down with ones thumb on the stemsвЂ™ white valve sleeve, producing a faintly audible вЂњswwwickвЂќ noise, as fresh air surges in to clear the smoke.
The stemsвЂ™ spring exerts an upward force on the stem valve slide, pressing the valve slide against the dual-oring seal, thereby maintaining the valve in the closed position. This state allows the smoke from the bowl to pass freely down the stem of the pipe without diluting the smoke with outside air.
Downwards force is applied (by the users thumb) causing the slide to transverse downwards, thereby breaking contact with the dual oring seals. Once this happens, the vacuum pressure in the stem causes fresh air to be injected into the stem below the bowl, therefore producing a non-traditional (and fun) way of clearing the smoke from the pipe chamber, without ever laying a finger on the bowl.
Heat Suppressing Bowl
Our bowl has been specifically engineered to provide a level of isolation between the heat source (burning tobacco) and the outer surface (where user touches the part). This isolation is made possible via small cooling channels drilled axially between the combustion zone and the touch zone.
When the contents of the bowl combust (producing heat), the heat energy is conducted throughout the body of the bowl, which in turn heats up the internal surface of each cooling channel. These surfaces then transfer heat to the surrounding air via convection, forming tiny convection currents that continuously cool the body of the bowl. This ensures that the bowl rarely ever becomes too hot to handle.
Each of our unique water pipe is equipped with a cyclone filter that doubles as a high-velocity pre-cooler. This filter/pre-cooler body is screwed to the underside of the retention-barrel percolator disk, and secured in place with an oring thatвЂ™s anchored to the base once the tube is screwed in.
1) When the pipe is not in use, the regulator ball falls into the tapered seat of the filter, thereby restricting (not eliminating) the downwards flow of water into the pipe base (at a rate of about 1 drip/second) until reaching equilibrium.
2) When user begins inhaling, the regulator ball breaks away from its seat, allowing smoke and water to pass freely through the center of the core. The water in the base is sucked up through the center of the core and back into the water bath, however a small amount of water is left behind in the cyclone chamber.
3) During inhalation, the smoke is channeled through three precision machined nozzles, which accelerate the smoke to higher velocities, causing a cyclone to form. The small amount of water that was originally left behind in the cyclone chamber, is now forced to spin under the influence of the smoke cyclone, which results in a pre-mixing (pre-cooler) effect between the water and smoke. In addition to this pre-cooling effect, the mere presence of this cyclone causes the larger/stickier smoke particles (and tars) to be thrown out of the smoke via centrifugal force, serving to filter the smoke prior to moving on to the diffuser.
Models and Feature Overview of the JET SubZero waterpipe