Depraved Mod Emporium
What better way to start off a showcase of weird Skyrim mods than to start with one about weed? Cannabis Skyrim is an adult-only immersion mod in the Skyrim Nexus which adds the drug cannabis into the game so players can feel the true immersion of being completely stoned and killing dragons. As someone who has never tried weed before, I will try my best to approach this from a pleasing standpoint.
Starting from the mod description, we go down the list of features and find something odd. This mod creates a new store by the Whiterun Stables called “My Highness” that apparently functions as a weed store. It is also apparently “lore-friendly”. Because people going around downloading cannabis mods for Skyrim are huge sticklers for lore, of course.
But we’re not just here for mod descriptions, so let’s just get this show on the road already.
I start out with a simple character that I had made to test some mods before. This is my level 1 male Wood Elf, named itscrashingtime. I enable god mode for all of these mods by the way, as it makes for easier testing.
Given that this is a new character, I still have to run quite a bit of distance to get to Whiterun from Helgen. Immersion is certainly working here. Before long, I arrive at the Whiterun Stables and find My Highness in front of the beautiful city of Whiterun. It looks just like any old farmhouse, if not for the prominent cannabis leaf on the sign. But I wonder, is there anything around the back?
Why yes there is, an entire farm of exotic plants, all being cared for by a “lore-friendly” hippie. I make my way across the plants to speak to him.
Not a very talkative guy, unfortunately.
I spend a few minutes going through and picking out the plants, which leads me to an unfortunate feature of this mod. Some of these plants can be picked, and some can’t. There’s no noticeable model change for what can be picked or not, so I found myself spamming E instead of trying to get all of the plants.
With my harvest finished, I decide to go look at what’s inside.
And a lovely woman. …Who is smoking a joint.
This woman will sell different sorts of things, including joints (one of which I happily bought) and different seeds for the plants that grow outside.
Her eyes are also really red.
Now that I had obtained a joint, I decided to test it out. I went outside for the best effect.
Ah yes. Truly a great sight to get high in. Let’s try this out, shall we?
Be warned: when the stoned effect is on your player, do not look at any bright eyes. This mod should’ve been called Skyrim Migraine Simulator.
As a last test to see what this mod could do, I decided to wait so that the headache-inducing stoned effect was gone, then go inside My Highness and use the meth laboratory inside. Looks like a cool contraption, after all.
…But all I did was ferment Elves Ear…
So that concludes my first showcase: the Cannabis Skyrim mod.
My thoughts: Of course I barely even played the mod. Personally, I didn’t find it very interesting. The stoned effect is more annoying than anything, the small-use laboratory feels rather limiting and forgetful. However, there are many who have played the mod longer than I have, so they could vouch for it more. The graphics look rather nice, though. Normal Skyrim textures are used mostly, but there are also unique textures that look very well done, although more work could’ve been put into showing when plants were “ripe” or not.
What better way to start off a showcase of weird Skyrim mods than to start with one about weed? Cannabis Skyrim is an adult-only immersion mod in the Skyrim Nexus which adds the drug cannabis into the game so players can feel the true immersion of being completely stoned and killing dragons. As someone who…
Blocked IP Address
Your IP address has been temporarily blocked due to a large number of HTTP requests. The most common causes of this issue are:
- If you are using Maxthon or Brave as a browser, or have installed the Ghostery add-on, you should know that these programs send extra traffic to our servers for every page on the site that you browse. Using GameFAQs regularly with these browsers can cause temporary and even permanent IP blocks due to these additional requests.
- Some unofficial phone apps appear to be using GameFAQs as a back-end, but they do not behave like a real web browser does. This triggers our anti-spambot measures, which are designed to stop automated systems from flooding the site with traffic. Continued use of these apps may cause your IP to be blocked indefinitely. There is no official GameFAQs app, and we do not support nor have any contact with the makers of these unofficial apps.
- Using a script or add-on that scans GameFAQs for box and screen images (such as an emulator front-end), while overloading our search engine
- Running a “scraper” or “downloader” program that either does not identify itself or uses fake headers to elude detection
- Using a badly configured (or badly written) browser add-on for blocking content
- Overusing our search engine with a very large number of searches in a very short amount of time
If you promise to stop (by clicking the Agree button below), we’ll unblock your connection for now, but we will immediately re-block it if we detect additional bad behavior.
If you do not understand what is causing this behavior, please contact us here.
Blocked IP Address on GameFAQs