Volcano Vaporizer Review:
The Volcano vaporizer by Storz and Bickel is one of the most well-known and acclaimed desktop vaporizer designs on the market today. No other dry herb vaporizer compares to the reputation of this sleek, premium quality desktop vape. In addition to being a powerful, efficient vaporizer for herbal blends, the Volcano classic vaporizer is also a good choice for vaping tobacco in order to quit smoking. You can even use the aromatherapy attachment to diffuse the essences of herbs into the air.
Storz & Bickel have released an update to the Volcano Classic. Called the Volcano Digit, it has the same basic design and quality components as the original, but there are a couple of key differences between the two, including:
- Volcano Digit has an LED digital display, and up and down arrow controls instead of a rotary dial. It’s possible to set the Digit vaporizer to a specific temperature down to the exact degree.
- Digital display also shows the current temperature of the desktop vape.
- Volcano Digit has a minimum temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit, while the Volcano Classic’s minimum temperature is 266 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Digit is also slightly more accurate with its temperature control.
- Volcano Classic has a 3-year warranty, while the Digit has a 2-year warranty.
- Volcano Digit is more expensive, retailing for around $680
- Digit weighs .4 pounds; more than the Classic vaporizer
- Has additional parts that can wear out or break
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
Volcano Vaporizers Breakdown
|Volcano Classic||Volcano Digit|
|Materials Type||Dry herb||Dry herb|
|Oven Material||Stainless steel/ceramic||Stainless steel/ceramic|
|Vapor Path||Ballon Bag||Ballon Bag|
|Removable Battery||No Battery / Wall Adapter||No Battery / Wall Adapter|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||N/A||N/A|
|Charger||Utilizes power outlet||Utilizes power outlet|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||No|
|Heat-up Time||3 minutes||3 minutes|
|Easy to Load?||Yes||Yes|
|Draw Resistance||Practically none||Practically none|
|Flavor / Taste||Outstanding||Outstanding|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||266 degrees and 446 degrees Fahrenheit||104 degrees to 446 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Vape While Charging||N/A||N/A|
|Warranty||3 years||3 years|
Volcano Digit versus Volcano Classic
Pros of the Classic
- You won’t get better tasting, purer vapor with any other desktop vaporizer on the market.
- The highly effective temperature regulators and forced air system virtually eliminate the risk of combustion.
- Using vaporizer bags greatly simplifies drawing for an easy vaping experience.
- The level of quality of the craftsmanship of the Volcano Classic exceeds that of nearly all other vaporizers on the market today.
Cons of the Classic
- The cost of the desktop vaporizer is by far its biggest drawback
- You cannot tell precisely what temperature the vaporizer is set at
Pros of the Digital
- Taste and vapor quality of the Volcano Digit are truly second to none.
- There is little to no risk of combustion when using the digital due to the reliable temperature regulation.
- Balloon system makes it easy & convenient, as well as very easy to clean.
Cons of the Digital
- Biggest drawback of the Volcano digital is the price
- Majority do not justify the extra cost for the added digital display
- 2-year warranty is shorter than guarantee on other desktop vaporizers
- Including Volcano Classic; however, vaporizer reportedly will last well beyond guarantee
In-Depth of the Volcano Classic:
Price– The Volcano desktop vaporizer retails at $660, and has a recommended retail price of roughly $500. This makes it one of the most expensive dry herb vaporizer models on the market today. If you’re brand new to vaping and aren’t sure you’re going to continue with the lifestyle, starting off with a high-priced model like the Volcano vaporizer by Storz & Bickel may be ill-advised. For those who will be vaping daily or multiple times per day, the Volcano vaporizer offers real value for the money by reducing waste with efficient heating and quality to outlast many other desktop vapes.
Reputation – You won’t find a vaporizer with a better reputation than the Volcano dry herb vaporizer. Nearly everyone with experience in vaping has heard of the Volcano, and it’s the desktop vaporizer that many people save their money up in order to acquire. The Volcano Classic is known for delivering excellent tasting vapor and providing a clean, pure experience.
Guarantee – The Volcano Classic vaporizer comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. Many people who purchase the dry herb vaporizer find that it lasts far beyond the warranty length, providing many years of vaping pleasure.
Prep Time– Even at the highest temperature setting, the Volcano desktop vaporizer can be ready for use within 3 minutes or less. Dry herbs do need to be ground before loading to ensure even, full vaporization.
Portability, Size, and Privacy – Strictly a desktop vaporizer, the Volcano Classic is a vaporizer that is intended for home use. The vape measures 7.35 inches in height by 7.5 inches in diameter, so it’s still a compact vaporizer that is easy to store, and that can be used on nearly any table or desk. With its stainless steel exterior, the vaporizer is attractive; however, this desktop vaporizer is not disguised in any way. If you leave it out in the open, people will recognize it as a vaporizer, or at least inquire about what it is. Fortunately, the size allows for discreet storage if you wish to be keep your vaping habits private.
Ease of Use – The Volcano Classic is a forced-air vaporizer that uses balloons for collecting the vapor. An internal fan blows the vapor right into the bag, and then you can simply detach it and draw right from the balloon. There is really no learning curve to getting a satisfying draw from the Classic Vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.
Heating and Temperature Regulators – With the Volcano Classic vape, you can set the temperature between 266 degrees Fahrenheit and 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
Adjustments are made with a rotary dial that is numbered one through nine. You won’t be able to see the exact temperature displayed on the Classic. Despite this, the Volcano Classic maintains a steady temperature for the best possible results.
Power Supply – You must plug the Volcano Classic dry herb vaporizer into a standard wall outlet to power the device.
In-Depth of the Volcano Digit:
– Price – Original retail price is $770, and it current can be found at discount selling price for around $680. The Volcano Digit is usually among the most expensive vaporizers at smoke shops if not the most expensive model. High price makes it less than ideal for beginners, who aren’t sure if vaping is something they will want to actively pursue on an ongoing basis. The digital sells for $130 more than the Volcano Classic, which could be a good option for those who like the basic features of the digital but don’t need the new technologies.
– Reputation – At vape shops, in print publications and in online reviews, the Volcano Digit consistently earns best vaporizer marks, and it is considered by many to be the most luxurious vaporizer model on the market today. The Storz and Bickel model has an excellent reputation, and many state that its balloon system produces the best tasting vapor.
– Guarantee – Volcano Digital comes with a 2-year guarantee, which is 1 year shorter than the Volcano Classic. The additional digital display does result in more parts that could break over time, but so far, the Volcano digital seems to be every bit as reliable as its predecessor.
– Prep Time – You can have the Volcano digital ready for use quickly, but you will need to grind your dry herbs with a herb grinder prior to placing them inside to get the best results from vaping.
– Portability, Size and Privacy – Volcano digital is a desktop model and not designed to be used on the go. The dry herb vaporizer measures 8 inches in diameter by 8 inches in height, so it will fit easily on a counter top or table. The stainless steel design gives the dry herb vaporizer a sleek appearance, but you can definitely tell that it is a vaping product. Since it is compact, you can store it out of sight when not in use to protect your privacy.
– Ease of Use – With the Volcano Digit, vapor is collected inside of a balloon, which can be easily detached for vaping. You won’t need to learn a specific inhalation technique to draw from the balloon, and you can vape at your leisure, as the vapor will remain safely contained inside.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – Volcano Digital uses convection to heat dry herbal blends and tobacco. The design includes temperature controls that can be set between 104 degrees and 446 degrees Fahrenheit. The digital display makes it easy to see what temperature the heating chamber is at and allows you to monitor preheating. The temperature regulators are very sophisticated, and as a result, combustion of herbs is very uncommon. As an added safety feature, the digital includes a new automatic shutoff not found in the Volcano Vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.
– Power Supply – Volcano Digit must be plugged into a standard electrical socket for operation.
Digital vs Classic Summary
In closing, the key differences between the Volcano Digital tabletop and the Volcano Classic by Storz and Bickel vaporizer are that the digital has an automatic shutoff feature and a digital display. The newer model has a shorter guarantee than the Classic (2-year versus 3-year), and it sells for about $130 more. See the full Volcano Vaporizer Review, the original classic vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.
Setting Up the Volcano
To set up the Volcano Vaporizer, follow these simple steps:
- Plug the vaporizer in
- Push the HEAT button (yellow control light will turn on)
- For the Volcano Digit use the plus and minus keys to set the temperature
- Classic model: adjust the knob to the desired temperature
- Allow the vaporizer to rest for five minutes in order to reach optimal working temperature
- Yellow light will turn off, when device is ready for use
Influences on Vapor Quality Results
The amount of vapor produced by the dry herb vaporizer, as well as its thickness, taste and quality, can vary widely due to a variety of factors, including:
- Overall quality of the raw materials use. Use pure herbs for the best possible results
- Amount of raw materials placed in the filling chamber
- Grind up the dry herbs, grind a second time, smallest size possible
- Finer the herbal blends are, the better the results will be
- Temperature of the heating element
- Higher temperatures will release more of the active components of herbal blends( but you must be careful not to overheat your herbs)
- Vapor density; best results, begin vaping when the vapor takes on a fine white appearance (Vapor density may reach its peak state before the bag is completely filled)
Using the Easy Valve Bag
The Volcano produces vapor and releases it into a bag using a forced air fan.
This bag is known as the Easy Valve Bag. To use the bag, follow these steps:
How to Use the Liquid Pad
The Liquid Pad is one of Volcano Vaporizer accessories that is commonly used for aromatherapy.
To utilize it, follow this procedure:
- Remove the screen from the filling chamber
- Place the pad onto the filling chamber
- Turn the chamber upside down, so that the pad is facing up
- Use a medicine dropper to dispense up to 10 drops of your essential oil onto the pad
- Place the filling chamber onto the herbal unit
- Press the AIR button
- Allow the vapor to fill the air
Choosing Volcano Temperature
Only certain types of herbs have been tested for use in conjunction with the Storz and Bickel Volcano Vaporizer.
Recommended temperature settings, are as follows:
- Eucalyptus leaves – 266 degrees Fahrenheit
- Hops cones – 309 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chamomile flowers – 374 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lavender flowers – 266 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lemon balm leaves – 288 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sage leaves – 374 degrees Fahrenheit
- Thyme herb – 374 degrees Fahrenheit
How to Clean the Easy Valve
To care for and clean the Easy Valve device and continue to ensure that your Volcano Vaporizer produces high quality vapor.
Follow this process:
- Allow the vaporizer to cool completely
- Remove the filling chamber cap
- Use cleaning brush to push screen in chamber of the cap
- Remove the cap ring to separate the cap cylinder from the cap housing
- Clean all device pieces with ethyl alcohol
- Rinse with warm water
- Allow the pieces to dry completely
- Reassemble the cap
Important Safety Considerations
We highly recommend that you adhere to these safety guidelines in order to avoid accidents and injuries when vaping with a Volcano Vaporizer:
- Both the unit and all packing materials should be kept out of reach of children at all times
- Do not attempt to plug the vaporizer into an incompatible outlet
- Consult the bottom side of the vaporizer for voltage requirements
- If you experience any problems with theVolcano , unplug it immediately
- Do not allow the power cord to become kinked, twisted, rolled up, folded or bent
- Do not use extension cords in conjunction with your vaporizer, as this could create a fire hazard and, in some situations, affect the overall performance of the dry herb vaporizer
- Only use it on a dry, flat surface in an area where the temperature does not fall below 41 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do not use the vaporizer in a humid or damp environment
- Do not open the body of the Volcano Vaporizer, as this could result in fatal electric shocks
- When unplugging the vaporizer, remove the plug from the wall gently.
- Do not yank on the cord
- Never leave the Volcano Vaporizer operating unattended
- Ventilation holes and exhaust vent should be left unobstructed whenever vaping device is turned on
- Exhaust vent and heating chamber both become dangerously hot during operation. Do not touch them
- Do not come in contact with the hot air jet of the vaporizer
- Never submerge the Volcano Vaporizer in water or expose it to rain
- Volcano Vaporizer is not a medical device. Consult a physician before vaping
If you need further assistance with your Volcano digital or Volcano Classic, we would love to help! Please feel free to get in touch with our vaping customer service team for more information about any of our vaporization products. We look forward to assisting you!Volcano Vaporizer Classic is a high end desktop vape by Storz and Bickel. Check out our product review and see a video about this best Dry Herb Vaporizer! ]]>