Dab Pen & Wax Vaporizers
A wax pen is a device specially designed to vaporize waxy oil concentrates. Wax pens have chambers containing heating elements where you dab your concentrate, and a battery at the bottom which supplies power to heat up the material and produce vapor. The vapor is drawn through a mouthpiece at the top. Equipped with a rechargeable battery, a wax pen lets you take vaping on the road, and enjoy waxy herbs without having to search for a plug. The compact size of many wax vaporizers, especially smaller vape pens, makes it as simple as drawing from an e-cigarette, which is easy to carry around. As you begin to compare the best options available from today’s top brands, you’ll find that you can purchase a vape that is only compatible with wax, as well as some models which only work as an herbal pen or just as an oil pen. There are even some all-in-one models that can vaporize oils, waxy concentrates, and dry herbs. Now all that is left to do is to make your choice from the selection above for the perfect device which will enhance your lifestyle.
Most wax pens use a heating element, called an atomizer, which can heat up in only seconds and when hot, you can put your concentrates right onto the hot coil. Once it is loaded, the pen will vaporize concentrates when you press the power button and draw through the mouthpiece. This kind of direct heating is called conduction. Some wax vaporizers, feature convection heating that uses hot air instead.
Wax pens often come with a number of functions and use a sub-Ohm batteries that heat to an impressive 700 degrees Fahrenheit to mimic a butane torch typically used in dabbing to give you large clouds and flavor, just as you’d get from a standard dab rig. How big the wax pen is, depends on what it is intended for, whether it is to be used for high-quality vapor generation or for on the go vaping. The bigger the pen, the better the heating system will generally be. Most wax pens are going to look similar and will also function the same way. They have quartz or titanium heating elements that the concentrates can be placed directly into. Even with the smaller units, the effectiveness and quality can still be sustained.
Regardless of whether you’re a novice or long-time vaper, when you’re looking for a new, reasonably priced oil concentrates pen, it’s important to consider the features that will help you make the switch from combustion to vaping. Vape pens for oil come in a number of different forms, each with their own attributes that make them unique. Price is usually a huge factor as each pen can vary widely in cost, usually somewhere between $50-$100, and sometimes more than that. Below, you will find a list of some of the best oil vape pens to consider before your next purchase.
Dr Dabber Aurora – is sitting at the higher end of the spectrum but well worth the price, the popular Aurora costs around $100 and comes with features such as the inclusion of three advanced atomizers, a variable voltage, long-lasting battery, and convenient SnapTech magnetic mechanisms. This sturdy wax pen vaporizer is built to last through many vape sessions to come.
Puffco Plus V2 – ultra slim and minimalistic, the Puffco Plus vaporizer for wax is exceptionally portable. It features a unique “Dart,” which is a loading tool built into the mouthpiece that helps to distribute the heat throughout the material more evenly. It uses a coil-less ceramic heating element that helps to evenly heat your wax while providing you with exceptional flavor. You can even choose from three temperature settings and what is called “sesh mode” that allows you to vape for longer.
Linx Hypnos Zero – using a ceramic heating element coupled with a glass mouthpiece, the Hypnos Zero creates incredible flavor. Compact and thin, this dab vaporizer can go anywhere with you and uses a 510 battery that makes charging in only 2 hours a breeze. With a full charge, you can dab all day long.
G Pen for Wax – perfect for thick concentrates, the sleek, portable G Pen for wax is simple to use and produces dense, flavorful vapor almost instantly. Measuring only 5 inches, it is compact and easy to conceal. While it is powerful and durable, the battery life is a bit short, so do keep that in mind.
Dr. Dabber Ghost – stealthy, full of flavor, and able to last for hours, the Dr Dabber Ghost uses low heat titanium in its atomizer that heats your wax up slowly to avoid the risk of combustion and provides optimum flavor and potency. There is the option for glass attachments that can filter the vapor and make it smoother if you desire.
KandyPens Galaxy – the Galaxy line of many different wax pens features a heating system that uses quartz and titanium to generate dense, tasty clouds. Simple to clean, it features a lifetime warranty and a promise to deliver impeccable vapor on the go.
Since their introduction years ago, wax vaporizers have come a long way. Today they use titanium, quartz, and ceramic atomizers which has allowed them to become the norm, making dab pens more desirable to vapers. Temperature control, long battery life, and portability of wax pens has attracted vapers far and wide, allowing them to enjoy their concentrates in a whole new way. Although one must choose between battery life and power, there is the perfect portable wax vape out there. Just as powerful as any desktop rig, you can enjoy all of the best parts of dabbing in a stealthy, portable way with the right concentrates pen. If you still need help choosing the best wax vape for you, please read some of VaporPlants’ vape pen reviews and product descriptions. You can learn more about many of the models and brands that we carry and always keep in mind that one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.
To find the best wax vaporizer, consider the following:
- Material Type – If you only want to use waxes, simply choose a wax only vape instead of a hybrid one. If you aren’t sure what kind of material you’d prefer, it’d be worth it to try a pen that can vape both dry herbs and concentrates.
- Length of Battery Life – different wax pens come with different types of batteries. Some will allow you to vape for hours at a time, while others have shorter battery lives. Think about how often you’ll be using your dab vaporizer, and how long you need to go between charging to suit your needs. If you only plan to vape pen every so often, you don’t need a massive battery. If you are a “chain vaper,” look into a powerful, long-lasting battery. Some are able to last hours or days on one charge, while other more affordable pens will only last a session or two.
- Charging Options – most can be recharged via USB, but some wax pens have other charging options, such as car adapters, or plugs that allow you to re-power from a wall outlet.
- Portable – all wax vaporizers differ in size. Smaller models typically have smaller chambers and less powerful batteries, but can be easier to carry. Very small dab pens are sometimes called micro vape pens. There are also a number of compact vapes that can be hidden in the hand, and these are great for vaping in public without turning any heads. That said, these often come with even smaller heating chambers and batteries, so be sure to consider whether you want a stealthy vaporizer or a powerful one.
- Attachments – some wax vaporizers come with attachments that you may find beneficial. If you like cool, smooth vapor, you may want to buy a glass water attachment available for selected models. Some people prefer clear glass globe attachments to see vapor forming. Please keep in mind, different brands and models offer very different wax pen accessories.
- Appearance – wax pens come in different designs from very simple black or silver to elaborately decorated models like the G Pen. You can choose whether you want something sleek, colorful, or flashy. This can be easily decided just by looking at different models’ pictured above.
- Warranty – as reviews on our site will show you, the best wax vape pens typically have longer warranties. As a result, comparing warranties can give you a good idea about quality. You want to be sure that you are selecting a wax vaporizer with a longer warranty, as any brand that offers them is usually more confident in their product’s performance. In addition, it’s just nice to have for peace of mind.
- Price – you’ll be surprised to find that vapor pens for oil and waxes are available in a wide range of prices. You’re sure to be able to find a wax pen in a variety of price ranges. Of course, budget is always a factor, and it is important to remember that you get what you pay for. Spend a little extra on a high quality dab pen to ensure that you aren’t wasting money buying the same pen over and over when it inevitably stops working due to low build quality.
What Should You Look for When Buying a Wax Vaporizer?
Some wax vaporizers allow you to vape different types of materials, doubling up as dry herb vape pens as well. Some even work as oil vaporizers. If you’re new to vaping and aren’t sure if you want to use wax or herbs, try one of them at a time and then make your choice. If you only have an interest in a wax vaporizer, then having a standard wax pen is going to be plenty for you. Wax pens have heating elements that come in a number of different forms, and one of them is sure to be perfect for you. The oldest design is the stove-top heating element that puts the heating coil directly into contact with the wax. There are variations that wrap the coils around rods that are typically made out of ceramic or quartz.
A popular choice for atomizers is ceramic, whether in dish or coil form. Ceramic is able to evenly heat materials and produce excellent flavor all at once. The even heating helps to conserve your wax by using it efficiently and not wasting your material. Quartz is the second favorite, as nothing tastes quite as clean and crisp as the vapor that comes off of a pure quartz atomizer. Other popular choices for atomizers are those made with different metals like hard-anodized metal or stainless steel. Those that use metal are sturdier and usually eliminate coils in favor of the entire heating chamber used to heat your wax.
When you’re shopping for a vape pen to use with concentrates, you have two main options to choose from:
- Multi-function models – give you the ability to vape more than one type of material. Many of these models double as oil and wax vaporizers, and others as herb, wax, and oil, also known as 3-in-one vapes.
- Standalone wax pen models – are used strictly for waxy concentrates and cannot be used for any other material.
If you think you will only be vaping wax, you likely won’t need a 2-in-one or all-in-one vaporizer; however, if you’re new to vaping and unsure about which material you will prefer as time progresses, you may want to choose one that will allow you to vape wax, plus other materials.
Why You Should Use Wax Vaporizers?
Not only is the traditional consumption of concentrates expensive, it also requires extra caution since you are using a fragile glass rig, a hot nail, and a butane torch. These are expensive and can break easily. Known as dab rigs, these water devices also take longer to heat up, use, and cannot be toted around like a dab pen. Convenience, safety, and portability are what make wax vaporizers so popular. Dab pens are excellent for dabbing on the go and are compatible not only with wax but also with oils and concentrates. Known for their reliability and portability, these are compact, fast, and easy to use, and you load your thick wax the same way that you would load a dab rig – with a dab tool. Able to reach the right temperature in just a matter of seconds, dab pens allow you to vape right when the mood strikes.
Advantages of Dab Pens
- Compact – wax pens are ultra-compact and typically can fit into your hand, making vaping on the go simple.
- Portable – able to fit in your pocket just as easily as your hand, you can bring a wax pen virtually anywhere, which cannot be said about standard dab rigs.
- Saves money – because you are vaporizing instead of combusting your material, you will save money in the long run.
A wax vaporizer pen can save you a lot of money and effort when it comes to vaporizing your wax. Enjoy the wax in a better way than you would with a dab rig, as you can avoid the toxins often found in smoke. With a number of features and battery sizes, the right wax vape pen for your needs is out there, and you can find it here at VaporPlants!Dab Pens are Wax Pens, which are best when vaping concentrated oils or waxy materials! Super portable & compact vaporizers – Buy Yours Today, Promo code: 10off ]]>