Taking Weed Classes in Denver
Victoria Bee Photography/Getty Images
Legal and recreational marijuana is giving a whole new meaning to Denver’s nickname “The Mile High City.” Perhaps you’re making a pot pilgrimage to Colorado to imbibe. Or, you’re a local, curious about this newfound legal marijuana landscape. Either way, you can do more than just duck into a dispensary or sample strains of marijuana.
Cannabis-themed classes are popping up, and there’s a little something for everyone. For the uninitiated, you can start at square one and smoke while tapping into your creative side. For the business-savvy, there’s a class that will teach you how to make money in the marijuana industry. And, forget the marijuana brownies — cannabis cooking classes will teach you how to bake some gourmet pumpkin muffins.
Paint a Masterpiece
Need a little nudge to get in touch with your creative side? Let marijuana be your muse at a painting class.
Consider a marijuana painting class, modeled after the popular “paint and sip” classes with wine, beer, and cocktails.
Spend two hours with Denver-based painter Heidi Keyes at Puff, Pass & Paint. Each class is open to just 20 students, which makes for an intimate atmosphere as you follow along with her step-by-step instructions to create a “mind-altered masterpiece.”
Puff, Pass & Paint holds public classes regularly or you can set up your own private group session.
Take a Yoga Class
Twisted Sister Yoga in Denver is a cannabis-friendly yoga studio that offers an array of classes for every level of yogi. Though they don’t allow cannabis consumption on site, the classes are sponsored by the dispensary DANK and you can toke up safely beforehand.
Regular classes include candlelight yoga, “Easy Like Sunday Morning” yoga and other relaxing sessions.
Twisted Sister also organizes cannabis-infused yoga retreats. The three-day retreats include twice-daily yoga classes and cannabis-infused meals, as well as a trip to a dispensary.
Learn to Cook With Cannabis
Got the munchies? Learn to cook some gourmet cannabis dishes and desserts from the pros.
- My 420 Tours offers cannabis cooking classes on select Fridays, Sundays, and Wednesdays during the late morning and early afternoon. You’ll get a 2 1/2 hour class taught by professional chef Travis French at Stir Cooking School in Denver’s up-and-coming Highlands neighborhood. You’ll learn how to make five dishes, such as cannabis-infused trail mix, jalapeno poppers, pumpkin muffins with cannabis-infused cream cheese, and shrimp scampi.
- Colorado Cannabis Tours also offers a cannabis cooking class. This one is held every Friday or you can schedule a private class. The 2 1/2 hour class teaches students how to make cannabis-infused butter, aka “budder,” hard candy, ice cream, and savory foods. The classes are led by infused-products chef Kandice Moss, better known by her nickname “Cannabis Kandice.”
Make Your Own Custom Pipe
Learn a new craft by making marijuana-related equipment in “Pipemaking 101,” a class all about making glass pipes for smoking the ganja.
Over three days at Golden’s Glasscraft, glassblower Chris Schutz will teach you torch safety, the properties of glass and how to make your own fully functional pipe. This cost of the class includes materials, tools, and torches.
If you don’t have three days, Schutz also teaches a four-hour class called “Flameworking 101.” In this class, offered through Colorado Cannabis Tours, you can make your own glass sculpture, like a pipe.
Learn to Grow Marijuana
You don’t need an inherently green thumb to grow marijuana. Several groups around the Denver metro area offer classes to teach you the techniques of growing marijuana like an expert-level gardener.
- The Grow School in Denver has “Grow 101” for beginning cannabis gardeners. This six-hour class, held most Saturday afternoons, will teach you how to set up your indoor grow room, how to ventilate the space and mitigate odor, how to mix soil properly, how often to water and fertilize the plants, and how to control for weeds.
- Another class, “Cannabis Cultivation 101” at Denver’s Clover Leaf University, teaches participants how to grow cannabis from seed to harvest. The four-hour course goes over how far apart to space your plants, how much light the plants need, harvesting methods, as well as drying and curing techniques. Clover Leaf University also offers more advanced horticulture classes, such as cannabis genetics, master cultivation techniques, pesticide application training, and more.
Get the most out of your marijuana-themed vacation to Denver, Colorado with these weed classes, from yoga to cooking to art.
Intro Cooking with Cannabis
by Colorado Cannabis Tours
- Write a Review
- Marijuana Activities
- Colorado Cannabis Tours
- Intro Cooking with Cannabis
- Write a Review
Join Chef Jarod Farina in the kitchen for a in-depth, hands-on 3 hour class, detailing basic and advanced cannabis culinary techniques. Learn different methods of infusion and how to perfect your cannabis cooking skills and dosages, whether you’re an edibles expert, or it’s your first time in the canna-kitchen. Enjoy several enticing appetizer-sized entrees of the week, varying from chicken to steak and a varying rotation of dessert options! Vegan and vegetarian options also available, please enquire at least 24 hours ahead of the class to ensure dietary restrictions are met. There is plenty of time to ask questions, so you can take your new-found skills back home with you! Taught in a professional setting in an industrial kitchen space. Jarod is an award-winning edibles chef who specializes in micro-dosing. Microdosing is a technique that uses light infusions throughout the course of an entire meal, thereby hiding the taste of the Cannabinoids. This is a BYOC event. Please consume responsibly.
Join Chef Jarod Farina in the kitchen for a in-depth, hands-on 3 hour class, detailing basic and advanced cannabis culinary techniques. Learn different methods of infusion and how to perfect your cannabis cooking skills and dosages, whether you’re an edibles expert