Brass pipe screens safe
FAQ’s – Care Instructions Here is where you will find all the answers. Everything You Need To Know about what makes Titan Smokescreen So Different!
Ideal for use in virtually all smoking devices; from hi-tech vaporizes to old-corn cob pipes.
Likewise, with vaporizers – BE GENTLE when you push the new screen into the neck; use something like a long fireplace matchstick.
NEVER use metal objects, knives or coat hangers to fit (or clean) your Titan Smokescreen.
6. Is my Titan Smokescreen safe for water-pipes and vaporizers? A: Yes. Although all metals are subject to corrosion, your Titan Smokescreen has THE HIGHEST “corrosion resistance” level available! that means it can better resist the affects of water evaporation, vaporizing or atomizing.
Vaporizers-Titan Smokescreen is ideal for vape users! As they know, it’s a real pain to replace the screen in most models; so the longer your pipe screen lasts the better. The Titan VapeScreen is designed to last longer than any other.
ALL sizes of Titan Smokescreen are ideal for vaporizers/pens/etc. and ALL Titan Smokescreens are designed to the same High Exacting Standards.
7. What is High Temperature Stainless Steel and why should I use it instead of regular steel or brass? A: As discussed earlier, ordinary pipe screens are made of extremely fine wire in order to cut costs. This wire also has a relatively low melting point (the temperature at which heat begins to breakdown the molecular bonds of the metal). A Titan Smokescreen is made of wire that has a considerably higher “melting point”, which means it can take more heat for longer periods. Additionally, the “gauge” or diameter of the wire used to create a Titan Smokescreen is considerably larger than ordinary pipe screens – again, allowing the Titan Smokescreen to handle higher temps for longer. This is most beneficial for vaporizer users and those who use “torch” lighters. A Titan Smokescreen also dissipates heat faster than ordinary pipe screens, getting rid of the heat faster reduces molecular breakdown. Titan Smokescreen and VapeScreen are made from the highest quality level High temperature Stainless Steel available. This all means that you get a pipe screen that lasts longer and is safer to use. 8. Why is My Titan Smokescreen so stiff? A: A Titan Smokescreen is stiffer than ordinary pipe screens because they’re made from a stronger material, larger wire and a closer weave. You can see and feel the difference; and Trust us, it softens with use! 9. Is Titan Smokescreen more expensive than ordinary pipe screens? A: Yes, Titan Smokescreen is more expensive than ordinary pipe screens; but our studies show that, when you average your cost of replacement for ordinary pipe screens, a Titan Smokescreen will cost you the same or even less. Besides, how can you put a price on your Health/Safety? Remember the old saying-”You get what you pay for!”? It’s true with Titan Smokescreen. Now all you need to know is: “Where can I buy a Titan Smokescreen?”
Just visit the Find A Retailer page to locate a store near you.
“Care and Feeding of My Titan Smokescreen” TOP OF PAGE
Simplicity; extending the life of your Titan Smokescreen doesn’t require that you do anything extraordinary. Follow the simple instructions below, clean your Titan Smokescreen when you normally clean your pipe and always feed your pipe the best you can afford – starting with a Titan Smokescreen. 1. Keep your TS clean. Cleaner is always better. Use rubbing alcohol , soft toothbrush and hot water. NEVER use household cleaners or harsh chemicals. 2. NEVER “burn” your TS even to “clean” it. Excessive overheating is the #1 cause of damage.
3. NEVER use metal objects (like knives) on your TS.
NEVER “scrape” your TS to clean it.
4. NEVER “wiggle” clean your TS. Manipulating your
pipe screen back/forth loosens the weave and weakens it.
5. Don’t “overpack” your pipe. This restricts airflow and
can create excessive heat which can cause damage .
6. Replace when necessary or as recommended.
7. Always feed your pipe the best you can afford -starting with a
The Safer Healthier Longer Lasting Pipe Screen!
Is Brass Safe to Use?
Having a well-designed and high-quality accessory isn’t the only thing that matters to people these days and it shouldn’t be! Regardless of your style, you want to be sure that your gear is safe to use. Although brass has a long history of being used in accessories, it’s rare to see it in shops nowadays. While some people might interpret that as a bad sign, we’re here to lay the rumours to rest.
You may have used a brass screen before. However, with the variable nature of screens that may not have lasted long. Before you invest in an all-brass accessory you want to know, is it safe to use? Well, you asked and we answered. In this article, we’ll take a look at pure brass accessories and find out how safe they are for you.
The Brockton MK2 – All Brass Pipe
Benefits of Metal Accessories
With more materials available than ever before, accessories tend to be made from glass. Granted that surgical glass is sold as being tougher than most, it can still shatter under the pressure of day-to-day life. Metal accessories, on the other hand, have a reputation for being sturdy, durable , and ready to take what life throws at them. When you invest in a product you want to be sure that it’s going to last and metal accessories help deliver on that promise. Of course, it’s vital to make the distinction that not all metal accessories are equal.
From silver to stainless steel to brass, you can find a wide variety of metal accessories on the market. Metal accessories can even be more affordable than other accessories depending on the raw material and features they offer. Although the individual components of the product determine if they are safe to use or not. Unfortunately, there are some metal accessories out there that aren’t made from the safest materials.
Brass Versus Other Metals
Our love for brass doesn’t merely come from its golden shine, sleek feel, or durability. We see brass as a sturdy and safe metal that is perfect for crafting rugged accessories. Other popular metals like aluminum have been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and other health issues . While those metals are more affordable, their dicey health standing make them completely out of the question.
Furthermore, electronic accessories that don’t use combustion were at one time considered safer, but have been shown to be quite the opposite. A recent study found that vapor from those accessories contained toxic levels of lead — a metal known for causing cancer and other health problems. In fact, many countries around the world have already banned those electronic accessories due to their toxic lead content. The North American retail giant Walmart is also joining the cause against toxic accessories by removing this product from its shelves
A Healthy Option
Unlike all of those previously mentioned dangerous metals, pure brass is non-toxic and has no links to health complications. On the contrary, in France, pure brass was used to create a healthy alternative for those who choose to indulge. The French accessory in question, Le Sifflu, uses essential oils and innovative design to recreate an experience that many doctors see as a healthier option . The healthier aspect of that accessory lies not only in its make, but also its raw material.
Designed to help anyone delight in the ritual, this brass accessory is not only beautiful but entirely safe. The designers could have used any other metal for their creation, yet the fact that they chose brass says a lot. Thoughtfully inspired by Native American rituals and crafted with brass, that French accessory helps evoke a feeling of another time, as well as a safe and healthy atmosphere.
It goes without saying that heating metal is another story in terms of health and safety. Being around metals in innocuous situations isn’t the same as using them to heat your goods. After all, consider how often you use aluminium foil without worrying about getting cancer. When you wrap your leftovers in aluminium you’re not exposed to its toxic lead fumes.
Those looking for a slower ritual should know that brass is completely safe to heat and ideal for a luxurious session. The fact that brass is an alloy makes it more resistant to wear and tear than metals like silver or gold. Furthermore, the non-toxic nature of pure brass will ensure that you are always enjoying your flower safely and securely.
The Brockton MK2 – All Brass Pipe
Choosing Non-Toxic Brass
If you read our guide to The Brockton , you’ll already know how to ensure that your brass is non-toxic. The easiest way to tell that brass is pure is by patina. Over time, pure brass that regularly comes in contact with oxygen will begin to change colour. That colour will be a blue-ish green, just like the Statue of Liberty. If you see brass with patina on it, you can be sure that it’s pure and non-toxic.
However, our new and improved Brockton Mk2 pipe uses chrome-plated brass. While we love pure brass, we understand that smokers want their gear to stay stunning and brilliant for as long as possible. With chrome-plated brass, these pipes can remain scratch-free and will be more resistant to tarnish. Brass is often plated to make it food safe, which also means that there’s no reason for concern when using this kind of material.
Time to Enjoy
Parkdale Brass is all about transparency and accountability. We wouldn’t sell accessories that we wouldn’t use ourselves. Take our founder, Shawn Santiago, for example. He uses The Brockton on a daily basis knowing that he can enjoy it without worrying about negative side effects. We craft pure brass accessories that are classic and uncomplicated, so that you can savour your next session without any hangups.
Having a well-designed and high-quality accessory isn’t the only thing that matters to people these days and it shouldn’t be! Regardless of your style, you want to be sure that your gear is safe to use. Although brass has a long history of being used in accessories, it’s rare to see it in shops nowadays. While some peo